Rooms with sloping ceilings create a cozy atmosphere. However, they also have their pitfalls when it comes to the right furnishings. In order to be able to make good use of a sloping roof, it makes sense to have furniture made individually for sloping roofs. Setting it up is often difficult, since very few off-the-peg furniture fits exactly into rooms with sloping ceilings. There is also a risk that your room will look crowded and cluttered with just a few pieces of furniture. We give you helpful tips to help you set up your room with a sloping ceiling. This is how you get the most out of your attic apartment! To see self adhesive wall prints, please check necessaryhome.
1. Stop wasting space!
- Furniture for sloping ceilings is available with either a side slope or a back slope. Depending on the room situation and your ideas, either one or the other variant is better suited.
- Do you have particularly steep inclines? If the angle between knee stick and slant is more than 60°, stepped slant furniture is the best choice for you.
- Use low furniture such as lowboards in small rooms – these make your room appear larger.
- Use sliding doors in front of sloping ceilings to hide unused niches and create additional storage space. A shelf with a slanted back can be hidden behind it, for example.
2. Create structures!
- Clear and simple structures as well as light and single-colored decors make your room appear larger and tidier.
- Decide on furniture that is subtle and not too bulky, in order to create a certain lightness in your attic.
- You can also use shelves or cupboards for sloping ceilings as room dividers to structure your room into different areas.
3. Bring color into your room!
- Use light wall colors for your room with a sloping ceiling! This way your room looks bigger and is not restricted by a dark wall color. If you don’t want to do without intensive colors, don’t paint the sloping walls with it, just the gable and/or the knee wall.
- Patterned or striped wallpaper has an overwhelming effect and makes the room look smaller, so you should rather opt for plain colours.
- Decide whether you want to set highlights with colored walls or colorful furniture. Both together would be too much of a good thing.
4. Use the sloping roof!
- Combine indirect light and individual ceiling spotlights. With the spots you can optimally illuminate your room – indirect light, on the other hand, ensures cosiness.
- Do without floor lamps! These cause a cramped feeling of space, as they take up a lot of space.
- Use your slopes for decorative elements – because you don’t have to do without pictures in the attic either and you can design your room according to your ideas.
Set up different rooms with sloping ceilings
The best way to set up your room with a sloping roof naturally always depends on the type of use. So here are a few tips for the individual living spaces such as the kitchen, bedroom and living room:
- Kitchen: A kitchen with a sloping ceiling can be a challenge. Be sure to use the straight end walls to create as much storage space as possible. You don’t need any special cupboards or shelves for sloping ceilings. Place the closet or shelf as close to the sloping ceiling as possible. When planning your hotplate, make sure you have enough overhead space to stand in front of it and cook.
- Bedroom: A sloping ceiling can make a bedroom even cozier. Here it often makes sense to use a bed without a headboard to make the room look calmer. Sideboards instead of bulky cupboards offer the necessary storage space.
- Living room: If there is enough space, a low sofa will find its cozy home directly under the sloping roof. The question often arises as to where the television can best be placed. Our tip: With a rollable TV stand, you can design your living room more flexibly and keep more wall space free for storage.
With these tips, we want to show you how you can set up rooms with sloping ceilings. Now it’s your turn! We wish you a lot of fun with the implementation. And if you have any other ideas on how sloping ceilings can be optimally used, please leave us a comment