According to usprivateschoolsfinder, Valley View is a small city located in the rolling hills of North Texas. It is situated on the western edge of Cooke County, just south of the Red River. The climate in Valley View is typical for the area, with hot summers and mild winters. Average high temperatures range from 80-90F in the summer months and 45-55F in the winter months. Precipitation is plentiful throughout the year, with an average annual rainfall of around 40 inches.
The history of Valley View dates back to 1885 when it was founded as a railroad town and named after nearby Valley View Ranch. The city was incorporated in 1925 and has since grown to become a thriving community with a population of around 4,500 people. Politically, Valley View leans conservative and is represented by Republican state representatives and senators at both local and state levels.
The economy of Valley View is primarily based on agriculture, manufacturing, services, retail trade and tourism. Major employers include Tyson Foods Inc., Valley View Manufacturing Company, Walmart Supercenter and more recently Amazon Fulfillment Center which opened in 2018. Schools within Valley View are part of the Valley View Independent School District which includes one high school, one intermediate school, one elementary school and two preschools.
Valley View has several notable landmarks including historic downtown buildings such as City Hall (build in 1927) and other buildings built during its early days such as City Bank Building (built 1908) or Old Post Office (built 1914). Other places worth visiting are Lake Ray Roberts State Park which offers excellent recreational activities such as camping, boating or fishing; or Country Club Hill Golf Course for those who enjoy golfing or picnicking outdoors; or LaVernia Park for outdoor activities such as walking trails or playgrounds for children.
Population: 737. Estimated population in July 2020: 808 (+9.6% change)
Males: 353 (47.9%), Females: 384 (52.1%)
Zip code: 76272
Median resident age: 34.3 years
Median household income: $48,500
Median house value: $65,000
Races in Valley View:
- White Non-Hispanic (95.0%)
- Hispanic (3.4%)
- Other race (1.2%)
- Two or more races (0.5%)
Ancestries: German (18.9%), English (17.4%), United States (14.8%), Irish (12.6%), French (2.8%), Scotch-Irish (1.9%).
Land area: 2.3 square miles
Valley View, Texas is a small rural town located in the rolling hills of north-central Texas. As of 2019, Valley View has a population of 1,460 people. The majority of residents are white (93%), with the remaining population made up of African American (3%), Hispanic (2%), and other ethnicities (2%). The median age is 33 years old and the gender ratio is almost even, with 50% male and 49% female. Most Valley View residents are employed in agriculture or related industries, while others work in retail, healthcare, and service industries. The median household income is just over $45,000 per year which is slightly below the national average. Valley View is a tight-knit community that values family and tradition. People from all walks of life come together to support one another through difficult times and celebrate successes together. While there are no major attractions or events that draw people to Valley View, its quaint atmosphere and friendly people make it an ideal place for those looking for a peaceful lifestyle away from the hustle and bustle of the city.
For population 25 years and over in Valley View
- High school or higher: 86.6%
- Bachelor’s degree or higher: 17.7%
- Graduate or professional degree: 5.4%
- Unemployed: 3.3%
- Mean travel time to work: 27.9 minutes
For population 15 years and over in Valley View town
- Never married: 18.8%
- Now married: 64.7%
- Separated: 1.4%
- Widowed: 7.4%
- Divorced: 7.6%
0.8% Foreign born
Population change in the 1990s: +82 (+12.5%).
Hospitals/medical centers near Valley View:
- GAINESVILLE MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 10 miles; GAINESVILLE, TX)
- DENTON HOSPITAL (about 19 miles; DENTON, TX)
- MUENSTER MEMORIAL HOSPITAL (about 19 miles; MUENSTER, TX)
Airports certified for carrier operations nearest to Valley View:
- FORT WORTH ALLIANCE (about 37 miles; FORT WORTH, TX; Abbreviation: AFW)
- DALLAS/FORT WORTH INTERNATIONAL (about 43 miles; DALLAS-FORT WORTH, TX; Abbreviation: DFW)
- FORT WORTH MEACHAM INTL (about 49 miles; FORT WORTH, TX; Abbreviation: FTW)
Other public-use airports nearest to Valley View:
- FREEDOM FIELD (about 8 miles; LINDSAY, TX; Abbreviation: 7T0)
- LANE FLD (about 11 miles; SANGER, TX; Abbreviation: 58F)
- GAINESVILLE MUNI (about 11 miles; GAINESVILLE, TX; Abbreviation: GLE)
Amtrak station near Valley View:
- 10 miles: GAINESVILLE (605 E. CALIFORNIA ST.). Services: fully wheelchair accessible.
Colleges and Universities
Colleges/universities with over 2000 students nearest to Valley View:
- NORTH CENTRAL TEXAS COLLEGE (about 10 miles; GAINESVILLE, TX; Full-time enrollment: 3,018)
- UNIVERSITY OF NORTH TEXAS (about 18 miles; DENTON, TX; Full-time enrollment: 21,673)
- TEXAS WOMAN’S UNIVERSITY (about 20 miles; DENTON, TX; Full-time enrollment: 5,746)
- COLLIN COUNTY COMMUNITY COLLEGE-CENTRAL PARK (about 39 miles; MCKINNEY, TX; Full-time enrollment: 7,514)
- DEVRY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY (about 42 miles; IRVING, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,651)
- GRAYSON COUNTY COLLEGE (about 45 miles; DENISON, TX; Full-time enrollment: 2,082)
- NORTH LAKE COLLEGE (about 45 miles; IRVING, TX; Full-time enrollment: 4,554)
Public high school in Valley View:
- VALLEY VIEW HIGH SCHOOL (Students: 182; Location: 200 NEWTON ST; Grades: 09 – 12)
Public primary/middle schools in Valley View:
- VALLEY VIEW EL (Students: 238; Location: 200 NEWTON ST; Grades: PK – 04)
- VALLEY VIEW MIDDLE (Students: 222; Location: 200 NEWTON ST; Grades: 05 – 08)